Friday, April 24, 2009

Road Trip!!!

I'm procrastinating. I really should be packing, but this stupid computer has sucked me in. I haven't blogged here in weeks, so why is it that when I have the most to get done, I feel compelled to sit here and type out some meaningless blog? Yup. I'm definitely procrastinating.
My mother and I are scheduled to hit the highway tomorrow morning. We're traveling up the east coast to southeastern PA for my cousin's wedding. It makes me want to scream, "ROAD TRIP!" We're ditching the husbands (No offense honey, really.), bailing on household responsibilities, and heading out onto the open road. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this. I don't get to spend much time with my mom, not JUST her anyway. It's always her and my dad or her and the kids. She tends to be the designated babysitter when my dad and I run off for our wilderness adventures. Not this time. Just me and her. Seven hours in a car...each way. No one to bitch about us being late or taking too long a potty break or whining because they're hungry. Sounds sweet don't it?

So I don't really know why I'm procrastinating. Maybe because I don't really feel up to organizing. My brain is jumping around in a hundred different directions. I just want to sit here and sing really loudly along with the music on the computer. I don't want to fold and plan and be responsible. Maybe in my brain I'm already cruising the highway on our road trip.

*sigh* I guess it wouldn't be all that great if my clothes were all wrinkled and I forgot something essential like deodorant or toothpaste, huh? Oh alright...I'll go pack. Get off my case already

No comments: