Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Attack of the Plantar Warts

My foot hurts! I'm doing my best not to whine like a little school girl, but I'm tired of being in pain.

I have plantar warts. Three of 'em. They are huge (the largest one is the size of a dime!) and gross and painful and I just want them to go away. Waaaaaah!

I've been dealing with these stupid things for close to 8 months now. It started out as one tiny little innocent plantar wart. Then started to spread. I've tried salicylic acid pads. I've tried the over-the-counter freeze off method (My mother swears by this method, but it actually made my warts GROW!!!). I've tried the au naturale approach with tea tree oil and foot soaks. Nope. Still there. Still painful. Still frustrating. I'm about ready to just amputate the foot somewhere around my knee. Then my foot won't hurt anymore!

They've gotten much worse over the past 2 months. I'm very limited in what I can do exercise wise. Running (my usual choice for cardio) is completely out of the question. Even the eliptical trainer leaves my foot sore since.

But I'm stubborn. I won't just give up and lay on the couch moaning and whining in pain. I've been bandaging and wrapping the foot with athletic tape which is the only way I can suffer through yoga and karate. Last night in karate class, I managed to do 160 jumping jacks on the side of my foot. It kept the impact of the jumps off the ball of my foot (which is the neighborhood plantar wart hang-out), but left my ankle pretty sore afterwards.

I fear there is a trip to the doctor somewhere in my near future. I don't usually do doctors unless the situation is serious. If I'm completely honest with myself, I know these warts are pretty serious. In the meantime...well I'll just do jumping jacks funny, limp around a lot, and wimper in pain.

No comments: