Thursday, August 26, 2010

School is In

Yesterday, the neighborhood kids went back to serve their public school sentence.  After hearing the stories about enforced dress codes (the elementary school kids are not allowed to wear silly bands!?!), and the lack of recess, and teachers that assigned over an hour of homework on day #1, I'm remembering how very glad I am to be homeschooling my children.

Right now it's 9:45 and the youngest two are deeply engaged in a game of chess unecumbered by the silly bands on each of their wrists.  The oldest has his nose in a good book, and the other is meticulously practicing her cursive writing.  All of this with no interference from me.  It's fabulous!

I'll just leave them alone for a bit while I blog and listen to music.  I'd say this a fairly content household right now.  Later we may head outside for as much recess as we want, and since everything we do is "homework", I don't think I'll be too terribly upset with the teacher.

No comments: