Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Favorites: Toddlers in College, Big Feelings, and Black Entrepreneurs

This week I have once again scoured the internet for great stuff so you don't have to. In spite of major vehicle trouble (on two vehicles) and my youngest child's milestone 12th birthday (she can now ride shotgun legally... if we had a reliable vehicle, that is) and the crazy stock market roller coaster ride that is playing games with my retirement, I still managed to compile this list.

Click, read, and enjoy.

5 Ways Universities Are Treating Adults Like Children. Higher education has changed a lot since I was there (back when I had to walk to class five miles barefoot in the snow both ways). In Lauren Southern's criticism she lists, "temper tantrums, ignoring what others have to say, emotional outrage, arguments that make no sense"... universities are starting to sound a lot like day cares.

I Wish Someone Would've Warned Me About These Big Feelings. Jen Hatmaker stirs up some big feelings in this one. Grab a tissue. My favorite line: "... near the end, you will hit your knees and thank God that you got to parent this kid, that he was yours, that he walked into your arms at one and will walk out of them at eighteen, but my gosh... what a gift." Big, big, BIG feelings.

My Free-Range Kids Give Your Kids A Better Childhood. Preach it, Katie Lee! Giving my kids more than an average amount of freedom benefits the whole neighborhood. You're welcome, neighbors. We all have to admit that my kids make the neighborhood more exciting.

Buy Confederate Flags From A Black Guy. Have you been wanting to purchase a confederate flag but are concerned others will think you're a racist? All your problems are solved. This young man has an entrepreneurial spirit and a wild sense of humor. Watch his promotional video... and then buy a flag. What have you got to lose?

No comments: