Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back Into The Swing Of Things

Now we are back home after spending five days at my parents' house.  It was a nice visit other than the burrying of the dog part.  My mom was a major help with the kids and she let us drive her van around while we were there.  Freedom!  It was great.  We went to the beach, the park, out visiting family, and Bass Pro Shops (Redneck central, where my parents are preferred gold customers.  ).  Our van is still sitting in the driveway.  I'm, hoping, HOPING that it will be ready to drive soon.

Today we've been trying to get back into some semblance of a routine.  The public schools are back in session now, so I thought we'd start some schoolwork of our own.  I've had two very uncooperative children, though.  Plus I'm dealing with major housework.  I'm way behind on the laundry after being gone for so long and there are still dirty dishes sitting in the sink from when Buck was sick.

I came back home to an injurred kitty.  Silas kitten, Merlin, used up at least one of his 9 lives by sneaking into the neighbor's yard and being tossed around by their dog.  He doesn't seem to be doing all that well.  He's breathing kind of ragged and not moving around much.  He has used the litter box, though.  I just don't think I can handle another trip to the vet any time too soon.  This cat had better be all right.  He's such a sweety.

On a more positive note, our tadpoles are growing legs!  Several of them have back legs and at least two of them have front ones.  One crawled up on a stick earlier.  They are so COOL!  I love these little guys.

I suppose I should pull myself away from this computer now.  I have laundry and such to do and math work to check.....

No comments: