Saturday, January 17, 2009

Manifesting Blue Feathers

My friend Betty is always talking about the law of attraction. She is someone who is utterly passionate about our ability to manifest what we want in our lives, and she's more than willing to talk about it to anyone who will listen. She's definitely had a big influence in the way I think about things, money in particular, and I've seen real and tangible changes. (Thank you, thank you, thank you, Betty. I am a money magnet...) So recently, a mutual friend of ours, Brandon, mentioned to me over his morning cup of coffee at the cafe, that he was going to give Betty's ideas about manifestation a try. He admitted to being more than a bit skeptical, but he was going to give it a shot. He is manifesting a blue feather, and when he finds that blue feather....well, I think he said something about ruining a pair of pants.

It's interesting that he chose to manifest a blue feather. Apparently it's not that unique an idea. The manifestation of blue feathers seems to be a popular exercise. Betty posted this link about manifestation and blue feathers, and it got me to thinking. What if Brandon does find his blue feather and needs to change his drawers? It would be easy to write it off as coincidence. But what if 2 or 3 or 10 people manifest blue feathers? No one would be able to call that merely coincidence?

So I decided to join Brandon in his manifestation quest. I took a long minute to close my eyes and focus on what I want...a blue feather. I held the picture of it in my mind, every detail of it. Then I pictured it in my hand. I honestly had to fight my inner skeptic. It was easy to think how impossible it would be to find a blue feather. It's the middle of winter, and most of the blue-feathered birds have flown off to find some warmer climate. Even if I hunted around my bird feeder, I'm just not likely to find a blue feather. A brown or grey one maybe, but not blue. Then I decided it didn't matter. My blue feather could come from anywhere. I decided to stop trying to figure out how or where I was going to find it.

Yesterday evening, we bundled the kids up and headed to Rocky Mount. (Why? Because there's nothing to do here in Tarboro. ) On our drive into town, I explained the blue feather experiment to Keith. It got the kids really interested, Daniel in particular. He started asking a list of questions about how the law of attraction works, and about visualization and energies and postive thinking. What an awesome conversation to have with my children. They don't know how lucky they are.

So we hit the mall for dinner. We sent the children off to secure a big enough table while Keith and I hunted down Chinese food. As I crossed the food court, tray in hand, Daniel turned to beam at me. As I reached the table, he placed a tiny little blue feather into my palm!

Yep. A blue feather. It had come out of Hannah's down jacket, a jacket which sheds feathers constantly, much to my annoyance. But we've NEVER found a blue feather in the down from her jacket. They are always fluffy white ones.

So in less than five hours from the time I pictured my blue feather, it was lying in the palm of my hand. Pretty cool, huh? I almost didn't believe it. I actually tried to talk myself out of it (it was smaller than I expected. Wasn't it kind of greenish-blue?). But that just wouldn't be fair. That would be like asking the Universe for $1,000, but being disappointed when only $500 was laid in your lap. This is a blue feather, and there's no way around that.

So who else is with me on manifesting their very own blue feather? I mean, if we can do it with feathers, we can do it with ANYTHING!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But how exactly do I unite my wish with a blue feather?