Thursday, March 29, 2012

Utopian Website For Bookworms

I love to read.  I read anything that will sit still long enough...books, magazines, newspapers, shampoo bottles, cereal boxes, small children...

I zip through books like they are going out of style.  Especially when temperate weather hits, all I want to do is read.  I'll toss out a blanket on the grass, soak up some vitamin D and read, read, read.  My dream life involves lots of reading and very little housework, shopping, or interacting with actual people.  Okay...absolutely NO housework or shopping, and limited interaction with a handful of selected people.

Yesterday, I discovered Goodreads.com.  It's like literary utopia.  I spent a good hour last night rating books I've read and sifting through the recommendations the site spits back at me based on the books I like. And this morning I got lost on the site again.  This time stalking my friends and parusing their literary tastes. 

I started a long list of "want to" reads.  And today I will make a pilgrimage to the library with a long list of books to check out.  It feels like Christmas! 

It doesn't take much to fire up a book worm like me...but this website is da bomb!  (Don't tell my kids I said that.  They already think I'm totally lame.)  Already a member?  Hit me up with a friend request.  I promise not to judge you by the books you read.  Just kidding.  I am so totally going to do that.  :)

No comments: