Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Spring Fever

Photo by Catjaa
I don't want to write today.

I don't want to sit at this keyboard and pound out my thoughts, whether they come out as profound or merely trivial. I don't want to care about whether or not someone reads the words or just scrolls past, whether my words resonate or just get lost in the droning hum that is the perpetual flow of information in cyberspace. I don't want to work my brain or spin a phrase or wax poetic. I don't want to stare at this screen, searching for the inevitable typos and grammatical errors that will bring out the language purists with their virtual tar and virtual feathers.

Instead, I want to walk barefoot through too tall grass, feeling the earth still cool from recent winter damp under my feet. I want to lay in the yard, lost in a good book, my eyes squinting from the glare of the sun off the white pages. I want to breathe deeply and listen to birdsong and laughing children. I want to swing on the playground swings, pumping my legs like I did when I was little, back and forth as my hair blows out behind me.

So for today, these few word will have to do... just keep scrolling if you must... because I'm going outside. There's to much to do, to see, to BE! I'll be busy soaking it all up, this wonderful vibrant budding life that beckons from outside my windows.

I'll write tomorrow.

Today I'm going to play.

No comments: