Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday Favorites: I'm Famous On YouTube!

Back in May, I had the honor and privilege of sharing a stage in Raleigh with twelve other wonderfully talented writers (and mothers) in the local production of Listen To Your Mother.

This year, Listen To Your Mother shows took place in 39 cities across the United States, featuring local writers' live on-stage readings about motherhood. The project aims to support motherhood through creative artistic expression and also financially, through money raised for non-profit organizations serving families in need. The project validates motherhood by giving it a voice to express the humor, heartbreak, and complexity of motherhood in all of its diverse forms. 

This year's performances from all over the country are now featured on the Listen To Your Mother YouTube channel

So for this week's Friday Favorites... you get to see me! (and it's totally worth your time to watch the other awesome performances, too)

Happy Friday!


1 comment:

Robin Follette said...

Well now I need a tissue.

My "baby" is 22, gainfully employed full time with benefits in her desired field (since before graduating college). Her life plan says there will be no babies until she is at least 30. My oldest is 30, married, and as far as I know, no where near ready for babies.

I will hold everyone's babies but at 51, physically incapable for many years now of having another, I want babies. Oh how I want babies. But I want them to be Kristin's and Taylor's babies that I get to snuggle and love, and give back.

It was really, really nice to get to hear your voice and watch as you read. I feel like I know you much better now even though there were no surprises.